Managing meal preparations is one of our quality Home Care Services in Georgia as you age at home. Because of that, here are diet tips we can recommend for you:
- Serve them with foods that are rich in vitamin D, such as cereal and non-fat milk. This nutrient is essential for their bone-building, which helps reduce the risks of osteoporosis.
- Ensure that they are also served with vitamin B-rich foods, to help sustain their daily energy to do their regular activities. Common examples include sardines, mackerel, and fortified cereals.
- See to it that you also serve fiber-rich foods such as whole grains and wheat to improve their digestion and prevent constipation. However, if they are receiving private duty nursing care, verify with their doctors first if they can take these foods along with their medicines.
- Avoid using salt and instead, use spicy herbs for flavoring. Salt can trigger the increase of blood pressure level, especially among seniors.
- Monitor your loved one’s calorie intake so their weight can be maintained at the right range. A Home Health Aide in Stockbridge, Georgia can help them check on their diet regularly.
- Serve them with probiotics as these can also enhance the better absorption of the nutritious foods they are taking. Common probiotics include yogurt and kimchi.
- Strengthen their immune system with regular serving of fruits and vegetables. They can be easily prone to infection and inflammation, but a strong immunity can shield them.
- Opt for nutritious smoothies especially when it’s difficult for your loved one to swallow. If they’re receiving Nursing Services, foods in smoothies may be ideally recommended.
- Serve them also with foods rich in vitamin C and E to support their healthy skin. These nutrients can facilitate better wound healing if ever they acquire pressure ulcers.
- Comply with the dietary changes prescribed to your loved one by their healthcare team.
At Dignity Senior Care Services, we’re here to back you up in sustaining the health and wellbeing of your aging loved one. If they need some Companionship at home, contact us.